Sunday, December 03, 2006

Roy Claimed By Bolts, Johnny Vermont on Re-entry Waivers

As I alluded to the other day, Tampa Bay has claimed Andre Roy on Re-entry waivers. The lightning felt that he was an element that they have been lacking since their cup run and jumped at the chance to grab him.

"It was never our intention or our desire to lose Andre Roy in the first place," Tampa GM Jay Feaster said. "Having lost him, we never regained that tough, physical, gritty element that Andre brings. Now, for the first time, the new CBA has helped us in that through re-entry waivers we have been able to bring back a very important player to our hockey team at a salary and cap hit that make sense."

I previously mentioned a similar quote from head coach John Tortorella. The Bolts seem thrilled to have Roy back and he seems just as happy, "Jay called me and he said welcome home," Roy said. "I told him that he is right because Tampa is my home and you have no idea how happy I am to be coming back."

John Leclair on Re-entry Waivers
The Penguins are passing John Leclair through re-entry waivers and the saga seems as if it will come to an end tomorrow at noon. I still say that he ends up in Philadelphia. There are some other teams interested, but they are the lowest in the standings that have shown an interest.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google